Sony has released the first trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, the Ari Sandel-directed sequel based on one of the multiple iterations of R.L. Stine’s popular book series. No Jack Black in Goosebumps 2, but we have a new group of kids led by It star Jeremy Ray Taylor and Caleel Harris (Castle Rock). In the sequel, two kids (Taylor and Harris) wander into Stine’s old house — “I don’t think this house is giving out candy,” says one. The real craziness begins when they find a locked book that unleashes Slappy. “Did you miss me?” asks the dummy who then sets off to bring more creatures to life on Halloween. Goosebumps 2 hits theaters on October 12. Check out the trailer below!
It was a monstrous weekend thanks to Warner Bros.’s The Meg, which devoured everything in its path en route to a nearly $150 million global debut. As a result, the weekend box office was up 5.7% compared to last weekend and over 25% compared to last year, with the top twelve grossing over $132 million. As already said, the #1 film at the weekend box office was WB’s 70-foot shark The Meg. The film brought in $45.4 million domestically, nearly double BoxOfficeMojo’s weekend forecast. Heading into the weekend, the most optimistic expectations were around $30 million, which puts into perspective what a massive performance this is. The debut gives director Jon Turteltaub the largest opening of his career, and, outside of his films in the Fast & Furious franchise, this is star Jason Statham’s largest opening ever. Looking ahead, the film’s performance will be one to watch as it would seem a 55-60% second weekend drop would be likely, whether it can hold on any better won’t have too much to do with incoming competition. It was our pleasure working with the post production team and we are so happy for this film’s success!
Netflix has slotted November 2, just four days ahead of the midterm elections, for the premiere of the sixth and final season of House of Cards. The internet TV network also released key art which is clearly an homage to Season 1 (see below), featuring Robin Wright seated as the U.S. President, as Kevin Spacey was in the first season. The rebooted eight-episode final go-round of Netflix’s flagship drama will be led by Wright as the U.S. President following the exit of Spacey who was let go over sexual misconduct violations. She’ll be joined by major new cast additions Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear and Cody Fern. They join fellow returning HoC cast members Michael Kelly, Jayne Atkinson, Patricia Clarkson, Constance Zimmer, Derek Cecil, Campbell Scott and Boris McGiver.The abbreviated sixth season will “bring closure of the show for fans” and bring back to work some 2,000 people in the Baltimore area whose livelihoods depend on the show, Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos said in December. Production on Season 6 was suspended after the first allegations against Spacey surfaced in late October. We are so grateful to have worked with HOC post production for multiple seasons and are so happy for the show’s success!
Key art Season 6 below on left, and Season 1 on right.
“I didn’t do anything wrong,” says the prison tailor played by Patricia Arquette in this trailer for Showtime’s upcoming Escape At Dannemora. “I mean not really wrong.” Anyone who lived in Upstate New York when the real-life 2015 Dannemora prison break happened might beg to differ, but they’ll get a chance to hear the other side when the eight-hour limited series debuts on Showtime Sunday, November 18, 10 PM ET/PT. The premiere date was announced during today’s TCA Showtime panel by David Nevins, President and CEO of Showtime Networks Inc. Showtime also released a trailer for the series. The real-life high-alert escape made headlines during summer 2015, mesmerizing New Yorkers with the strange odyssey of two convicted murderers and the 51-year-old woman who helped them escape. Directed and executive produced by Ben Stiller, Escape At Dannemora is Showtime’s eight-hour limited series chronicling the bizarre tale. In addition to Arquette, the series stars Benicio del Toro and Paul Dano as the escapees. We had the honor of working with the post production crew and can’t wait to check it out! Check out the trailer below!
FX has given out a Season 10 renewal for American Horror Story ahead of the show’s eighth season premiere. The cabler had previously renewed the show for both Seasons 8 and 9. The renewal comes as little surprise, as the Ryan Murphy anthology series remains one of FX’s most valuable and critically-acclaimed properties, even with Murphy exiting 20th Century Fox for a new deal at Netflix. As previously announced, Season 8 of the series, titled Apocalypse, will be a crossover between the American Horror Story seasons Murder House and Coven, which were the first and third seasons of the show, respectively. It will debut on Sept. 12. Murphy has previously said that American Horror Story mainstays Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Kathy Bates will lead the eighth season of the series. It was also announced last week that Assassination of Gianni Versace breakout Cody Fern would join the show in the role of Michael Langdon. We are so excited to be working with the post production crew for yet another season!
Chris Rock is moving to Fargo. The comedian will star in season four of FX’s hit limited series Fargo, the network announced Friday at the Television Critics Assn. press tour. The critically acclaimed series will begin production next year, for a targeted air date next year as well. Described as a story of “immigration and assimilation and the things we do for money,” season 4 of Fargo is set in 1950 in Kansas City, Missouri, where two criminal syndicates — one Italian, one African-American — have struck an uneasy peace. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons. Rock will play the head of one of the syndicates, who has surrendered his son to his enemy, and who must raise his son’s enemy as his own. But then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies — and everything changes. Noah Hawley, who created the award-winning series, will again return as showrunner, writer and director. Joel & Ethan Coen, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron have also served as executive producers. Fargo is produced by MGM Television and FXProductions.
In a candid conversation, the co-writer and director of the new big-budget female buddy comedy/spy movie details the meandering career path and many professional setbacks that came before it. These days, it’s fairly routine for a young male director to be tapped for a big-budget project after releasing an acclaimed indie — take Jurassic World‘s Colin Trevorrow, Kong: Skull Island‘s Jordan Vogt-Roberts or Godzilla‘s Gareth Edwards. Such a career trajectory, however, still remains rare for female directors. The career of Susanna Fogel, who co-wrote and directed the big-budget action comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me, released today, has more in common with that latter narrative than the former. After screening her first film at Toronto and Berlin film festivals at 14 years old, landing on the Black List in 2006 and releasing the well-received indie Life Partners in 2014, it took a series of what Fogel calls “professional disappointments” and “luck” to lead her to The Spy Who Dumped Me, released by Lionsgate. We had the pleasure of working closely will Susanna and we wish the movie nothing but success! Read more here and be sure to check it out in theaters today.